Spicy Egg Salad
This is definitely an original salad. Yes it takes some time to prepare, as the spicy eggs, take a week to pickle; but it is a great recipe to make for a quick lunch and the spicy eggs are a perfect way to rid yourself of eggs that have been sitting in your fridge for a while, which you do not feel like eating but also do not want to throw away! (..and if you dislike anchovies, just don't put them in!)
Ingredients for curing the eggs
8 fresh eggs
1 tbsp black peppercorns
1 tbsp red peppercorns
1 tbsp salt
1 cup vinegar
1 ½ cup water
1 sprig rosemary
1 small bunch fresh fennel
Ingredients for the salad
1 cup olive oil
4 spicy eggs
4 sprigs parsley
Instructions for preparing spicy eggs
- Hard boil the eggs:14 minutes from cold water
1. Prepare a solution with the water, salt, vinegar, peppercorns and condiments and pour it into a glass or clay jar in which you have previously placed the hard-boiled eggs.
2. Seal the jar for a week at which time the eggs will be ready.
Instructions for preparing the salad
- Finely chop the parsley
- Boil the potatoes
- Cube the potatoes, tomato, and cucumber and cut the anchovies into little pieces.
- quarter the spicy eggs
1. Combine the above and place them in a salad bowl or on a salad platter.
2. Cover them with spicy eggs which you have previously quartered.
3. Drizzle plenty of olive oil over the eggs and sprinkle them with parsley.