Rigatoni or Penne with Olive Tapenade and Tomato
1 kg cherry tomatoes cut in four
1 tsp of sugar (level)
5 sprigs fresh thyme chopped
1 tbsp dried oregano
1/2 bunch fresh basil chopped
500 gr Pasta (rigatoni, penne)
4 garlic cloves crushed
½ cup olive oil
2 tbsp olive tapenade
zest ½ lemon
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
salt & pepper
coarsely or finely grated manouri cheese
1. Mix the tomatoes, sugar and herbs and set aside.
2. Boil the pasta in plenty of salted water and drain once they have reached al dente boiling point.
3. Add the steaming pasta to the tomatoes.
4. Warm slightly the olive oil in a frying pan and soften the garlic. Add the tapenade, the zest, the balsamic vinegar and stir for 1 minute. Add the mixture to the pasta.
5. Taste for salt and pepper and garnish with grated manouri cheese.