Potatoes with Paprika Sauce (Patatas Bravas)
The most popular of the Spanish tapas Patatas Bravas are "fierce potatoes".
3 tbs. olive oil
1 large onion
1 large tomato
2 large garlic cloves
2 tbs paprika
2 tbs all purpose flour
1 c chicken stock
600 g russet potaoes
- Chop onion, garlic, tomato
- Peel and cut potatoes into cubes
1. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-low heat.
2. Add onion, tomato, garlic, and paprika and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add flour and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually add stock and bring to boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer until mixture is reduced to 2 cups, about 8 minutes. Transfer mixture to blender and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Heat remaining 3/4 cup oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
6. Add potatoes and cook until golden brown and cooked through, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes.
7. Transfer potatoes to paper towels and drain.
8. Bring sauce to simmer.
9. Spoon over potatoes.