A simple but elegant dessert from Northern Italy, this creamy dessert is served with fruit.
4 cups of cream
3/4 cup of icing sugar
1 tsp of vanilla essence
185 g of chocolate or dark cooking chocolate, finely chopped
2 tsp of gelatin
1/4 cup of water
- Finely chop chocolate
1. Place the cream, sugar and the vanilla essence in a pan and simmer slowly, stirring constantly, until the mixture reduces to 1/3.
2. Make sure the cream doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
3. Add the chocolate and mix until a smooth mixture forms.
4. Put the gelatin in a bowl and add the water. Leave for 5 minutes.
5. Pour into a pan over low heat and cook until the gelatin has dissolved completely.
6. Pour in the warm cream and chocolate mixture, and simmer for 1 minute.
7. Pour mixture into 6 half-cup capacity molds and refrigerate for 4-6 hours or until set. Serve with fruit.