This is a simple but very tasteful and satisfying soup. Serve hot and garnish with grated cheese and/or with croutons. Perfect if paired with a full, mellow white wine.
3 large leeks, finely chopped
75 g butter
6 cups chicken stock
3 tbs fresh cream
2 egg yolks
pepper, freshly ground
1. Gently sauté the leeks in butter until tender and slightly "transparent" (do not allow them to turn brown).
2. Add the chicken stock immediately and bring to a boil, then lower temperature to simmer for another 30 minutes.
3. Add salt and pepper to your satisfaction.
4. Strain and collect the soup in a colander. Put the leeks in two doses in a food processor and process until they turn into a thick cream.
5. Pour the stock in a clean casserole and add the pulped leaks. Stir well and bring the mixture to a boil. Adjust the thickness by adding some more water slowly so as not to make it too thin.
6. Separate the yolks and whisk gently , then add the cream while you keep whisking.
7. Take the soup off the heat, and stir in the yolk and cream mixture.
8. Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning.