Cod Fish Pie
This simple and satisfying fish pie and is full of texture and flavor. It's a great way to eat fish.
1300 g salted cod fish
250 g rice
150 g grated raw potato
250 ml olive oil
1 bunch parsley finely chopped
2 large onions finely chopped
1/2 head of garlic finely chopped
salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven at 180° C .
1. Soak the cod in a bowl of water overnight, to remove the salt.
2. Remove the skin, bones and cut into small regular sized pieces.
3. Put chopped onion and garlic in a mixing bowl.
4. Add the finely chopped parsley, mint, rice, grated potato, salt, pepper and one tablespoon of olive oil. Mix to combine.
5. Brush the bottoms and sides of a large pie dish with oil.
6. Layer 2-3 sheets of pastry over the base. Pour in the pie filling.
7. Place pieces of cod throughout the filling and then pour some oil over the top.
8. Pour about 1/2 litre of water over the filling and cover with 2-3 sheets of pastry.
9. Cook for 1 1/2 hours at 180° C until well browned.