Cream Filled Apricots (Kaymakli Kayisi)
This Turkish dessert is really easy to make and very delicious. Kaymakli is a turkish clotted cream that is very hard to find outside Turkey, so we suggest you look for the next best thing which can be any fresh cheese or clotted cream of your own country!
500g dried apricot halves
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup water
1/2 lemon juice
1 cup fresh white cheese mixed with a drop of whipping cream
1 cup slivered almonds
* different fresh cheese ricotta / anthotiro/ Kaymak/clotted cream
- Soak apricots in warm water over night.
1. Drain apricots.
2. Combine sugar, 1 cup water and half the lemon. Boil until syrupy. Add apricots and boil until they start opening in half.
3. Remove from syrup with a slotted ladel and drain on kitchen paper.
4. Whip fresh cheese with cream, sugar, and cinnamon. Fold 1 cup almonds into the cream.
5. Arrange apricots on a plate with the slit facing up and add a dollop of cream.
6. Pour a little of the syrup over the top and sprinkle with the remaining almonds and pistachios.