Chicken with Vine Leaves and Goat Cheese
Serve these juicy chicken rolls with mashed potatoes or rice and pour a cream sauce on top.
4 chicken filets
200 g goat cheese
20 vine leaves (canned in brine)
400 g tomatoes chopped
300 ml white wine
cup olive oil
salt & pepper
1 tsp sugar
thyme & basil
Preheat oven at 200º C.
1. Using a sharp knife, carefully slice the chicken fillets in halves, without separating the pieces.
2. Spread five vine leaves on a piece of tinfoil and lay one of the chicken fillets on top of the leaves.
3. Grind about 50 g of goat cheese over the fillet and proceed to tightly wrap the tinfoil around the fillet, giving it a candy like shape.
4. Repeat the process with the rest of the chicken fillets.
5. Place the four chicken rolls in a small baking pan, add the wine and cover with tinfoil.
6. Cook for about 30 minutes. Remove pan from oven and let stand for 15-20 minutes.