Chicken and Mushrooom Pie
This easy to make creamy chicken pie uses ready-made pastry and is the perfect meal for a hungry family on any night of the week.
1/2 k of ready filo
2 chicken breasts
500 g of mushrooms
250 g of bacon
150 g of kasseri cheese
150 g of reggato cheese
150 g of emmental cheese
250 ml of cream
Preheat oven at 180° C.
1. Cook the chicken breasts in salted water.
2. Once cooked, remove the skin and chop the meat into little pieces.
3. Sauté the bacon in a pan and add the mushrooms.
4. Grate all cheeses. Add the grated cheese and combine all the ingredients.
5. Grease an oven-proof baking dish.
6. Place a sheet of pastry on the bottom, add the chicken filling, and top with another sheet of pastry.
7. Using a sharp knife, score the top of the pie into long strips.
8. Beat 2 eggs along with 1 cup of evaporated milk, and pour over the pie.
9. Bake for approximately 45 minutes. May be served hot or cold.