Fettuccine with Prawn Sauce
The combination of prawns and fresh garlic and tomatoes makes this fragrant pasta dish hard to resist.
2 garlic cloves, crushed
500 g tomatoes
1/2 tsp dried basil
375 g cooked peeled prawns
150 ml white wine
2 tbs chopped parsley
500 g fettucine
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chop onion
- Skin and chop tomatoes
- Chop parsley
1. Put the onion and garlic into a saucepan with a little water and simmer until soft.
2. Add the tomatoes and basil, season with salt and pepper and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the prawns, wine and parsley and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
4. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta, stir and cook for 10-12 minutes until al dente.
5. Drain the pasta and place on a warm serving dish. Pour over the prawn sauce and serve at once.