Eggplant Patties (Melitzanokeftethes)
These Greek eggplant patties can be served with a yogurt dip and are a favorite meze paired with ouzo.
12 large eggplants
pepper, salt, oregano, fresh mint leaves
1/4 cup cheese
- Peel the eggplants
- Finely chop mint leaves, chhese, garlic and onion
1. Boil eggplants and grind in a food processor.
2. Add the eggs, pepper, salt, finely chopped mint leaves, cheese, garlic and onion.
3. Add some bread crumbs and a little flour to get some solid texture to the mixture.
4. Form round balls then pat into a pattie shape.
5. Slightly flour the outside and fry the patties in a frying pan.