Chocolate and Vanilla Panna Cotta with white chocolate sauce
This classic italian custard is a refreshing but rich dessert. Not very difficult to make and very impressive!
600 g cream (35% fat)
100 g milk
60 g sugar
2 sheets gelatin
120 g bitter chocolate (cut into very small pieces)
60 g white chocolate (cut into very small pieces)
30 g milk
70 g cream (35% fat)
1 vanilla pod
For the pana cotta
1. Combine the milk, cream, chocolate and sugar in a pot and bring to a boil, stirring all the time. As soon as the mixture begins to well up, take the pot off the heat.
2. Add the gelatin sheets, which you have previously soaked in cold water to soften. Let the mixture cool, stirring it once in a slowly and then empty it in small cake tins.
3. Allow it to set in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
4. Remove the panna cotta from the tins by immersing them in hot water for a few seconds.
5. Serve topped with the white chocolate sauce.
For the sauce
1. Place the cream, milk and vanilla pod in a pot and let them boil.
2. Before the mixture comes to a boil, remove the pot from the hotplate and add the crushed white chocolate.
3. Allow mixture to cool, remove the vanilla pod and pour over the panna cotta.