Chicken with Vegetables and Mastic
The unique scent of mastic gives this popular Greek chicken dish a special flavor.
1 chicken breast
1 teaspoon mastic, powder
1 small glass ouzo
5 tbs meat broth
2 pinches coriander, powder
6 tbs cream milk
olive oil for the marinade
2 pinches oregano
- Cut the chicken into strips and marinate them in a bowl with oil and oregano for 2 – 3 hours.
- Slice carrot and zucchini into thin strips
1. Sauté chicken with a little oil and add the vegetables.
2. Once the chicken and vegetables acquire a golden brown color, add the ouzo, the mastic and salt and pepper (careful with the salt if you have grinded the mastic with salt).
3. Add the broth and once the liquids are almost quenched then stir in the cream milk.