Sometimes we may just wish we were Italian; speak like an Italian, dress like an Italian, cook like an Italian. Here is a recipe that may momentarily give you the feeling that you are Italian. Make your own pizza, give it love, work the dough with rythm and improvise with the toppings!
200 g of Robin Hood flour
1 packet of instant yeast
125 ml of warm water
½ tsp of salt
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 red pepper
tomato sauce (ready-bought may also be used)
grated mozzarella cheese
Making the dough.
1. In a food processor, combine and knead the flour, yeast, water, salt and oil, for 8 minutes.
2. Leave the dough in a floured bowl, covered, in a warm place to double in size (about 2 hours).
3. Prick the dough so that it deflates and roll out into a thin sheet of pastry.
Making the pizza.
- Chop the onion and pepper into rings
Preheat the oven to 220°C
1. Grease a 35 cm Pyrex pie dish. Line with the pastry.
2. Spread the tomato sauce over the pastry, add the vegetables, cheese and a little olive oil.
3. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until cooked. Cut into wedges and eat with your…hands.