This hearty fish soup is nutritious, delicious, and bursting with flavor. The combination of simmering fresh fish and vegetables is a truly satisfying.
½ kg cod fish
½ kg red snapper
2 red mullets
2 large onions
2 large potatoes
1 cup (250 ml) extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp salt
juice of 1 lemon
freshly ground pepper
- Clean and wash the fish under cold running water
- Peel and cut potatoes in quarters
- Peel and cut onions in quarters
1. Heat the oil on low in heavy-bottomed skillet and sauté the onions.
2. Line the potatoes over the onions and place the fish on top. Season.
3. Fill with water to cover the fish.
4. Boil on high for 40 minutes, uncovered.
5. Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
6. Cover for 8-10 minutes and serve warm, with freshly ground pepper.